Monday, August 18, 2008

A slightly bizarre inspiration

I know I've been quite remiss in my posting, but I finally saw something that inspired an immediate post. We were just walking up the hill and a beam of the setting sun seemed to draw my attention to something that I could hardly believe was some type of caterpillar.

Still not quite sure what this is - I'm suspecting a Luna Moth larvae, but whatever it is, it's huge:
I took a shot of it next to a lighter to show the size.

We think this is the front/head end.

And this is the hind end.

If and when I figure out what it is, I'll probably edit this to identify it, but I just had to post it right away!

1 comment:

Karma said...

Ah! SO interesting! Thanks for sharing this picture! I hope to hear back from you! Good luck with figuring out what type of caterpillar it is!

P.S. I found your blog through "Blogs of Play"

<3 Ellie. :D