Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Monday's beads

After the Landis Valley Show this weekend, where I sold the bracelet I showed in my last entry, I was inspired to make some more of the metallic scroll beads. These aren't exactly the same. I tried a different base and it turned out pretty well. I do still have a large focal that matches the set I sold in a bracelet.
In honor of the little pink and white flowers that bloom all through our woodland area, I made these floral beads and call them "Spring Beauties". I love the pink blush on the petals. That was on purpose and it's always nice when the intended effect is accomplished.
These are called Persimmon Swirls. I think they will become a necklace and matching earrings. The glass color is persimmon and it is a very bright orange/red. The darker portion of the bead is transparent steel gray.

I'll be displaying (and selling) my work at The Rosemary House in Mechanicsburg this weekend. They are celebrating 40 years in business and I am so honored to have been invited to join the party!

No comments: