Monday, May 04, 2009

May Flowers in the Rain!

Please continue to comment on the previous post to win the pin, but meanwhile...

It's been a bit rainy and dreary for some time now, but the flowers and the way they glow in this weather are actually enough to lift my spirits!

This was the view that inspired this entry. It's outside our kitchen window and it just makes me happy looking out at the vibrant lilacs, the dark soil and the hostas coming up and taking over... not to mention the rooster sculpture - I just love him!
These are my favorite pink tulips... verging on apricot. They were blooming right along with the daffodils, but unfortunately I didn't get that shot... The clump of chives next to them should pop open if and when the sun comes out again and will be a beautiful sight...
This dogwood has been moved a couple of times and I'm happy to see that it is coming into its own again. Originally, it was right outside our bedroom window and was always such a joy at this time of year and the green shade was so lush all summer.
And this corner of the yard is always a fun place. Right now it looks pretty tame, but the butterfly bushes come up and become a riot of activity, set off by a couple of miniature roses. There's always something going on in this corner...
Although I'd love to see some sun - especially for the Landis Valley Herb and Garden Fair this weekend, just seeing all the green and growing things responding to the rain still makes me very happy!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Just gorgeous!