Resin! I've been wanting to do this for so long... I took a class a couple of years ago and fooled around with what I learned. Then, one day, while sorting through a bag of dried roses, and found a bottle cap. An article in this month's Wire Jewelry magazine gave me the impetus to make this....I pasted a tiny picture of a rose on the bottom and filled in with beads and wires, covering it all with resin. I had always imagined filling it with rose petals, but i think I like this better. I caught a couple of tiny bubbles in the resin, not good thing, but I got rid of most of them. For a first try, this turned out pretty well!
Here is the original bottle cap:
If you look at the bottom left of the cap, you will see that it is from Pakistan, the same place my roses came from! And interesting to note, the ingredients list says nothing at all about either high fructose corn syrup or aspartame... only in America!
Okay, off the soapbox. While I had the resin mixed up, I made a couple more little charms with some of the bezels I just got from Rings 'n Things:These tiny pictures were cut from scrapbooking paper & coated with Elmer's glue. I added just one tiny matching bead to each one and then filled with resin. I think they'd make a great addition to a charm bracelet or a cute little necklace charm.
So, that's what I did in the snow... Now, to the torch!