Thursday, September 08, 2005

Where's my camera?

You know, we live in the country.

We aren't that far out, but we get used to watching for farm tractors and even Amish buggies on our roads... they're just a fact of life. On Sundays, the "courtin' buggies" go past the house and the kids are out playing on their scooters and riding their wagons down the hill.

This evening, though, I saw something that even surprised me.

I was pulling out of the grocery store and something caught the corner of my eye at the bank. There in the drive-up lane was a car, waiting patiently for the Amish buggy in front of him to finish their transaction! I'm sure I did a double take to be sure I was really seeing what was there. It is just something unexpected... looked absolutely out of place. The only thing worse would have been that the buggy was at the ATM!

I guess that's progress.

1 comment:

Zonnestraaltje said...

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I'm newer out here than you, I always get these moments of surprise to catch an Amish family just casually mixing about with the "English"... most of the time it's at Wal-Mart, when about ten of them pile out of a van. I guess the buggies don't go fast enough to make it to this side of the Susquehanna River, eh?

I like your new profile pic. The photographer is very talented!!!! LOL! I'm looking forward to hanging out at your place next weekend with the rest of the bead junkies.

**hugs**