Sunday, June 18, 2006

And still more..

Yes, I waited 'til the kiln was cool enough. And I have to say, I've been using Foster Fire bead release and can't get over how quickly and completely the beads clean up with this stuff..

Anyhow, I had to come up with a name for these and all I can think of is "Custard Dots". The yellow color reminds me of custard, so creamy and oddly enough, I guess the pale lavender/periwinkle color does too. I had some fun with a new press for the cubes and "jewels" and was pleased to see that I was accurate enough that the dots actually hit the corners of the beads. A few squiggled kaleras sprinkled in and it's a pretty nice set. Oh, and of course, the heart!

And then I made "Daisies Won't Tell". I've personally been wearing a lot of the bright "grizzly green" (as my grandmother would have said) with my jeans and this is a perfect match for that combo. Doesn't it look - perky?

The flowers are pretty detailed in that I split the petals so they look even more natural than usual. The round blue beads are some sponge coral that I searched and searched for last year because I knew it would match this glass so well - and because I just love the color.

All in all, it has been a pretty productive couple of days. I need to do this more often!

3 comments:

Zonnestraaltje said...

I love the daisy set. They are very classy but yes, perky! It seems that this green goes with so many wonderful things. I can't tell from the angle of the pictures, but I'm sure the way you split the petals came out very nice, as I have admired that detail before in your florals. I hope I will get to see this set before someone snatches them up!

I use Foster Fire too, and I have always loved it. I have to water it now and then, but for the most part, it behaves very well. I haven't made any beads though in a year...and I've got to get cracking for Gem Miners.

Miss ya!

Zonnestraaltje said...

By the way...is that the straight sided lentil you used? If so, how do you like it?

Maryanne said...

Get goin', Gal!
Yep, it's the straight sided lentil. I like it. The only thing is that it's "chunkier" than the regular lentil.