Sunday, October 23, 2005

Food/Soap.... some thoughts

Although the past few days I have dedicated to making all the old stand-bys and building up soap inventory, a couple of weeks ago, we decided to try another seemingly hare-brained idea that we read about on a forum.... Whipped Soap.

On our first attempt, we followed the directions to the letter, but part of the pastry tube was missing, so we had to "make do" with just plopping the soap lightly into mounds. A bit of gold mica and *I* think they look like meringue kisses. The soap itself is nice enough. It's our usual recipe, but just made in a different way. An interesting novelty, but nothing that sends me into spasms of enthusiasm. I haven't tried to do this yet, but understand that it floats, so I guess that is something...

Our second attempt, we were a bit more organized and had all the parts of the pastry bag together in one place. They look somewhat *Martha* and they are scented with vanilla, something that usually turns soap brown. As you can see, they are just a bit off-white. I'm thinking they look like white chocolate and would be great packaged in a candy box with hot pink tissue for Valentine's Day...

Everyday is a chance to try something new... some of them are winners, some are just a new experience. I'm not sure quite yet what these are! Food/soap, is this a good thing?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMMMMM yummy meringue kisses and vanilla drops....ya just had to go and make me hungry didn't you Maryanne LOL!

BTW I'm still *sniffing* my Whipped Tropical Body Butter hehehehe!

Zonnestraaltje said...

Hey! What's this about Whipped Tropical Body Butter??? Tell me more!

You know, if you did make some brown ones and do them the way you did the first time... you have another novelty... "Plop-O-Poop Soap"!!! Whatcha think? I bet it would be a big hit!!!

At first I thought the picture was of those meringue kisses. Your Valentine's idea sounds really pretty! Maybe some in a soft pink color too!

Joanna Schmidt said...

Those are really quite lovely!!

Joanna
thesoapbar.blogspot.com