Saturday, January 07, 2006

Don't miss what's right in front of you.

I went out looking for something to inspire a blog entry. I took a number of pictures of the pond because I like the way the trees reflect on the surface.

Then I thought I'd take a picture of the edge of the pond where all the fall leaves are still preserved, along with the green plants waiting to burst forth again with the warm weather. I wasn't sure how the stuff underwater would show up, so I tried the "underwater" setting on my camera... pretty tricky, huh?!

What I didn't notice, of course, as I snapped the picture was the beautiful tracery of the trees on the surface... and I was pleasantly surprised by the picture when I opened it on the computer. It has a definite Asian quality to it... graceful and peaceful.

I'm sure there's some kind of philosophical message here... about when we look too deep, we miss the beauty right in front of us.

No comments: