Friday, August 25, 2006

Okay, okay!

So, I saw that Tina bugged me to post my angel.. Just remember you can click on any picture and it will come up larger in its own window.

Since so many people call my fairy beads angels, I thought I'd make a real angel. She's dressed in white, with goldstone stripes thrugh her skirt, a goldstone halo and a bit for sparkle in her wings.

I'm not sure how many of these I might do. I seem to be on a white kick at the moment and made a victorian lady before the Gem Miner's show. She's mostly ivory, but has white "fur" around her hat and skirt hem as well as her muff. No picture of her today.


What's really been taking up my time this week is making a bunch of soap beads. They were ordered last week and I've been trying to get them done ever since the show. I have a lot of trouble doing the same thing over and over, but I did make a plan to do one color each day.

Now they're ready to be engraved and then they just need to be popped in the kiln to round off the corners of glass and set the enamel. Once they are made into charms, they are ready to go out.


I feel like I have to do something to break up the monotomy when I have a bunch of soap beads to do and there is a charity auction going on here for a place for women to get a fresh start called "Milagro House". I thought, since I often donate soap to them, it would be nice to make something for the auction.

This purple winged heart seems like something that might be appropriate. I even sifted purple enamel over it and it looks pretty cool. I think that special charms are called Milagros (miracles), I may be wrong, but this just seemed right. I want to make it into a pendant, maybe with a few crystals added, and I think it will be perfect.

1 comment:

Tina Sams said...

Hey!!! Is there a face on that heart? I swear, that guy has been following me around.