Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Morning visitor

I've been working on Tina's magazine layout since yesterday afternoon and since I really do enjoy it, I wandered out to the shop early this morning.

This guy was perched right on the peak of the roof above the door. He's a Partridge, a Chukker and seems to be lonely. We have about 7 of them hanging around, left from our hatchlings last year, but this one has been traveling alone lately instead of with the "flock".

Tina thinks he lost his mate, but Bob thinks his mate be actually be nesting. I prefer to agree with Bob on this one.

We seem to have lost one of our three remaining Guinea Fowl. I wouldn't be surprised that Bob will be "restocking" this year. Also, two pens of pheasants may mean that we'll be producing our own pheasant chicks this year. Should be interesting.

The final word on all this reproduction, though, is NO WILD TURKEYS!

2 comments:

Zonnestraaltje said...

Oh, admit it! You know your life has not been as exciting since the turkeys left!!!

I love this picture!

Tina Sams said...

Just another dozen of the guineas... Please, please, please!?!