Thursday, June 21, 2007

Working my way back

Sorry I've been so lax on the blogfront. If you read my last post, you know we are dealing with some changes in our life. Bob is getting better - a little each day, although he has his ups and downs. And I could regale you with tales of the new foods we are trying - or twists on old foods. We have switched fromm butter to Smart Balance and you won't be seeing red meat on our table for some time. Lots of veggies and fruits. We're actually finding that we enjoy this food better. (Well, at least that's what we're telling each other!)

Meanwhile, soapmaking goes on and orders come in and go out. We've started making a lot of lotion sticks - the Bug Off! one seems to be catching on along with the fragranced ones. Also, the Extra Essential lip balm seems to be leading the pack in the lip balm department. I posted a picture of the two new products to the left.

I've not been making beads but hope to get back to the torch soon before my re-learning curve becomes too steep. I did put some new bracelets together and hope to get the website updated soon. Don;t have any pictures of them yet.

I think it's a good indication of my preoccupation with personal stuff that I was looking forward to a class last night on soldering but only remembered after the class was half over, so I missed it. Luckily, the second half of the class is next week and I actually had learned this skill many years ago when I took jewelry making classes in college, so this is sort of a refresher course for me.

No comments: