Thursday, September 20, 2007

Enamels... we've got enamels

Today, I really got on the enamel train! There are more, but this is the best of the bunch.

The picture is terrible, but it shows the assortment.

I finished a few more of the yellow redware branch beads, but got off track and had to try a few others.

There are so many choices now that I got the whole set of enamels and I've really only tried a few of the colors... haven't even touched some of the new glass colors I got at Beadfest almost a month ago!

The blue bead in the top middle was a try at a bird and it really did turn out well, but that blue is too dark to use on a dark color - not enough contrast. Then I tried again with the yellow one to the right.. Didn't turn out too badly, but I chose a couple others to spotlight:

To the right is a "Willow" pattern bead. It is one of the patterns I found while Googling redware patterns and I found that the brown stringer was stiff enough to get some decent detail.

I love blue willow stoneware and the willow motif is pretty cool. It may wind up in the swap box.

If you click on it, it should come up larger on another screen, just hit the back button to come back to this page.

Just before I finished up, I decided to try something else and the one to the left was the result. I think it has an art nouveau feel to it and I like it a lot. The colors are soft, but the pattern is clearly visible.

I'll have to see what else I can come up with just playing with it in a "free form" kinda way.

I think a simple setting will work with both of these because the beads speak for themselves and will both be easy to wear with a lot of things.

1 comment:

Zonnestraaltje said...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!! I have no words for these! I just know I love them!!!!!