Friday, November 02, 2007

Flying Spaghetti Monster!

That wasn't my original theme on this piece, but once I added the little dangles at the bottom, it was all I could think of.

The base bead is one I made some time ago and wondered how to use it. It is a large, diamond shaped bead in various subtle shades of turquoise and muted greens.

When I got started adorning it, once again, the bead took over and I couldn't stop! There are little green fishes on the sides along with iridescent stars sparkling here and there. All kinds of beads and a few nuggets of turquoise and peridot peek out from all angles. The wire is sterling, but the silver beads that trail in and out of the random design are silver colored.

My other piece for the day is one of the folk art series I have been working on since discovering the redware effect I can get with enamels.

I found that it looked perfectly natural with aged copper.

There are two styles of heart beads along with a couple of stylized folk art birds.

Hmmm... birds being the messengers of the gods sending up a wish for love. So, that will be its name, "Wish for love".

Oh, just a little heads up. I am opening an Etsy Shop and as soon as I have it completely set up, will be posting the address.

1 comment:

Zonnestraaltje said...

It's fantastic!!!! Hope all is well with you guys! *hugs*