Monday, September 07, 2009

Barn Bloggin'

There's something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

In Lancaster County and our surrounding farm lands, we have some of the most interesting barns. I suppose they are intersting in other areas, but in our travels around here, I often say, "I'm going to start blogging some of these interesting barns." Well, I finally got started on it.
This is a beautiful stone barn I've passed a number of times. It is on Rt. 422, on my way to Palmyra. The feature I love about this barn is the semi-circular window at the peak of the roof, but you can also see the slits in the walls for air flow.

More barns will follow... there are so many and they all have interesting features I'd love to document and share.

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

The asymetrical slope of the roof is interesting to me. This is a beautiful barn ~ bet it has an interesting history to share.
Nancy