Friday, August 11, 2006

Autumn Leaves and stuff

These are the autumn leaves I mentioned that I made yesterday. I'd like to make spacer beads, sort of like the flower bead in the center, or maybe just plain ones of the topaz glass... hmm have to think about it.

The leaves are pretty big, probably would make a stunning necklace. They are over an inch long, not including the bead/stem.

It's certainly seasonal - or will be soon. Isn't that a sad thing to think about? Well, it is today since our weather is some of the best of the summer. Mild, low humidity, just beautiful.

These are still in a summerish vein. I wanted to try making some patterned beads and only etching the backround. I wasn't the best resist painter, so there are a number of spots where the clear base didn't etch, maybe I'll try it one more time.

Etched glass always reminds me of sea glass and the colors used to decorate these are definitely ocean colors... cruise colors.

Finally, this big boy was another experiment. I was reading some threads on a lampworking forum and decided to download some of the pictures for inspiration. This is very close to being an almost exact copy of someone's bead.

Copying is a pretty big issue, so I won't be doing a lot of these, but I think to try a technique, often we wind up copying, before we manage to come up with our own interpretation of the idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy leaves and beach glass (drool)!

Great first attempt at the new bead type. I like it and I don't think it will be long until you find your personal design for this type of bead.