Thursday, October 18, 2007

Something new for me

Oooh! I'm really excited about these. I decided to just play with an organic look yesterday. I didn't make many, but each one took quite a while.

The first one is called "Rootbeer Cosmos". The silvered Ivory really sparkles and looks like a million stars in the backround as the "rootbeer" flows through it with little silvery bubbles following the stream.

I think it's probably just the monitor on my laptop, but the colors don't seem to be as vibrant on these pictures as they are in real life.

But... the dots! They went on so beautifully and I knew where I was putting them. I know it's strange for me to be so excited about that. but it still amazes me what a huge difference wearing a different lens prescription makes.

I guess ever since I took part in the pendant swap I've been concentrating more on larger beads rather than sets.

To the right is "Grape Peacock". It looks like a silvery peacock melted into a bead and the grapes floated to the top... Strange, I know, but that's what I see.

These were just fun to work with and then when I pulled them out of the kiln and they looked good ... well! I love it when a plan comes together.

These two are the best that came out of the kiln and I guess I'll be trying a few more soon.

No comments: