Thursday, July 20, 2006

Life in the Country - Kaboom!

I started to go into great detail, but suffice it to say that Tuesday afternoon and evening, we experienced a real "Thunderboomer" - and a little too close for comfort! We're not sure exactly where it hit, but it was close.

It took out (fried) our cable modem and router along with two desktop computers. My laptop is still fine, but this is the first I have been "connected" since the strike. Our electricity was out for 13 hours. The telephone line to the shop is not working.

Thunderstorms are usually not so destructive, but when they make a direct hit, they can wreak havoc. All the repair and insurance calls have been made, new surge suppressors have been installed.

Life in the country will now return to the usual chaos.

1 comment:

Zonnestraaltje said...

BLAME THE TURKEYS!!!!

Despite the KABOOM, I had a lovely time visiting! Thanks for having me over. Did that flower bead of yours survive???

Hugs!