Saturday, July 15, 2006

New Mermaid & Pea Blossoms

If you click on any of the pictures, a larger version should open in a new window.
A new mermaid. Her tail is covered in fish scales, though not as precise as I'd like. I'll have to give it another shot today on another one, maybe. I do love her hair. The stringer came out pretty well and gives the curls lots of definition. Looks like it's just floating around her. And, she's modest... Sometimes those mermaids just don't know how to cover up!

The hole on this bead is lengthwise and mermaids look really nice as pendants, with a fringe of matching beads and seashells pouring out beneath them.

This color combo turned out really well. It's dramatic, but a really nice way to use the ocher and coral together. The little green turquoise beads I used as spacers match it perfectly and I call it "Pea Blossoms" even though I've certainly never seen pea blossoms that color, but the spacers look like little peas.

Oh, look, Rachel, they aren't glowing! I was trying to change the color of the backround with layers and found I must change the original or the glow "happens". Doncha just love Photoshop?!

1 comment:

Zonnestraaltje said...

Yay! No more radioactive beads!!!

What...no Killer Turkeys from Outer Space stories today??? You can't just leave me hanging like that!!!